I decided to turn my Sundays into a ’24 hours free from Internet’ days, today was my first and it was a real delight! I got so much stuff done.
I also took a couple hours to do some sewing, I hadn’t picked up my sewing machine for over 6 months… 6 months!
I found a lovely and simple tutorial for an iPad case; using my fabrics (tweed for external fabric and a hand-dye cotton floral one for internal) together with a slightly alteration to that pattern, off I went (alteration because I didn’t have the right length zipper).
I need to finish it off a little, but I’m really pleased with it. I had my first go at quilting too and it wasn’t as bad as I thought. The case is nice and padded, perfect to protect my trusty pad from scratches!
Here’s my effort…
I hand-dye this fabric last year, it was a fun mini project. It was a white cotton with black flowers and it’s now a very dark pink (think raspberry pink)
Having cut my rectangles, I criss-crossed the inner fabric ready for quilting.
Stitching the three sandwich layers together. I then stitched the two panels together leaving top opening, I didn’t have a 23cm zip at hand, so I intend to finish it off with a button and some black satin ribbon.